Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hello World!

My name is Tabitha. I am a work at home mom with 2 beautiful girls. I run an in-home daycare/preschool, and do direct sales on the side. My husband works out of town a lot, so it is mostly the girls and I around here. I used to have a blog when my youngest was a baby, life got busy, and I lost track of it. I wish I had kept up with it. Even though I don’t have an exciting life, it goes by fast, and I want to remember and keep track of it.
I have recently made the decision to home school my youngest. She is almost 4 right now. I think we will start her this Fall. She seems ready, and is eager to learn. We will take it slow, and go as fast or as slow as she needs. I have friends who say that I am only homeschooling for myself because I don’t want to let her go. Others, of course, say she won’t be “socialized”.  Others say that I am not “qualified”. Oh well. I disagree on all accounts. I feel like I am being called to do this, so I am. I THINK I have decided on a curriculum. I have been looking, and My Father’s World Kindergarten looks like a good fit. It looks like lots of fun. I will be keeping track of our progress as we go along. If anyone has any ideas of a curriculum, or activities, please share! I love hearing and seeing what others are doing!
Well, I know that wasn’t an exciting first post, but I have to start somewhere. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment